I love giving shout outs! This time it's too two great "familends" (friends who are just as close as family), Garrett and Jeanie Anderson.

Jeanie texted me this morning to see how my job hunt was going. She's been working as my sidekick down near Branson, MO, where they live. Every other day or sooner, she sends me job leads or ideas to consider. Today she let me know about a job fair in Branson, MO. It is this coming Saturday, March 6. She also gave me few more leads about jobs in the area. And Garrett came through like gangbusters with 4 people he thinks I should meet. Two of them are actively recruiting for someone with my marketing, advertising, and business development skills.

So since 11:00 a.m. until now, I've been feverishly calling, emailing, and planning my trip down there. As of today I'll be meeting with Presiding Commissioner of Taney County Missouri and the CEO of Skaggs Regional Medical Center. I'm hoping to hear back from the Executive Director of the Branson Airport and Chief Operations Officer for Ozark Technical Community College's Workforce Development Department. Besides that I'll be there for the job fair and general networking. There are a few resorts, ranches, and development organizations I want to stop on in and introduce myself to.

Here's to hoping the "Show Me" state will eventually "show me" the $$!

Comments (0)