Genesis 15:6 - And he believed in the Lord; and he counted it to him for righteousness

I'm loving the lessons I'm learning on my 40 day journey. Today's motivation comes from Abraham. After reading, I have two words to describe this great prophet of God = Perfect Obedience.

Whenever the LORD gave a promise or a command, Abraham had the faith to obey. Thus the scripture at the beginning of this post. He believed the Lord and counted it for righteousness. Sound familiar? Yesterday, I wrote about how I must prepare my own ark (like Noah) to saving of me and house so that I and my family become "heirs of the righteousness which is by faith." Today, I've learned how to believe in the Lord and realize that any commandment or promise from Him is for my own righteousness.

Here's the scripture that illustrate my point about Abraham:
Commandment/Promise  Abraham's Response
Genesis 12:1                      Genesis 12:4
Genesis 15:5                      Genesis 15:6
Genesis 17:1,10                 Genesis 17:26 - this one is the kicker!!!

As I continue my 40 day journey, I need to listen to the Lord as I pray. I need to know for myself what he would have me do each day, each hour, each minute. Then I need to follow the example of Abraham by being obedient and moving to action "in the selfsame day" (Genesis 17:26).

I paused to write this down because I love the scriptures. And I love the spirit of the Lord I feel after I study them. But now I must stay on task and complete some job applications and work to "prepare my ark" (a.k.a. find a job).

Thanks for reading. I'll be doing daily recaps later. Please feel free to comment!

Comments (0)