Sorry for anyone who cares to read this blog. I haven't been writing lately. In my 40 day quest, I've become obsessed with networking and job-hunting to the detriment of keeping a log of what I'm doing. There have been too many activities to try to recap.

But I want to reiterate that I'm still focused. Each day I wake ("most" days by 6:40 a.m.) and resolve to stay focused on my overall goals which are to prepare my "ark" in 4 different areas:
  1. Gainful employment and financial stability
  2. Spiritual and emotional wellness
  3. Improved physical health
I can't be detailed, but I do need to review my progress thus far as a source of accountabilty for myself. In area 1) Gainful employment and financial stability, I've made significant progress. I haven't landed a job yet, but I'm telling my story to a new individual everyday. Some of my goals are to:
  • Meet face-to-face each day of 40 (except Sundays) with someone who can help me in my job search.
  • Complete at minimum 1 online application for a job each day of 40
  • E-mail at least 1 person in my personal or professional network each day to seek their assistance
  • Connect with at least 1 person in my network on LinkedIn to seek a recommendation each day of 40
  • Complete 1 online professional profile each day of 40
  • Tweet about something I've read on a blog or that I've read that has a benefit to me professionally each day of 40
I haven't done all of these things each day. For example, yesterday I attended a memorial service for awesome woman who passed away unexpectedly. After the service I travelled to Springfield, IL to meet with a District Manager of an Insurance Agency to evaluate the opportunity. One the way back, I called someone in my personal network and arrange to have them email someone influential on my behalf. Later in the evening I completed an online talent profile for national employment agency. I only tweeted about my locations throughout the day.

Even though I didn't do everything, I handed out business cards and took as much opportunity as possible to be engaged in finding my new career.

I hope I can keep up this effort.

I'll finish writing this post and consider reviewing my progress in areas 2 & 3 tomorrow and Saturday. The flood isn't over yet :-)

Comments (0)